Each storytime features books, songs, and activities based on a unique theme. Come join the fun!
Tuesdays at 6:30 pm
Fridays at 10:30 am
Take & Make Crafts for Kids
Pick up your on-the-go craft at the library and get crafty at home!
*as supplies last
FAST Program (Families and Schools Together)
A free 8-week program for families with children 18 months-Kindergarten where parents and kiddos meet each week and connect.
- Enhance relationships in your child’s life to be safe, stable & nuturing.
- Find ways to strengthen your child’s social-emotional well-being & mental health.
- Learn ways to be become an effective family leader to empower your family.
Fall session starts September 26. Get registered today!
In partnership with the Family Resource Center of St. Croix Valley and FAST.
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
This program is designed to encourage families to make reading aloud a habit. Reading aloud is the single most effective thing parents and caregivers can do to help their children get ready to read when they start school.
Who can participate?
Children ranging from birth until they enter kindergarten. Children in the 4K program are eligible to participate.
You can also participate virtually through Beanstack.
How to register
- Fill out the online registration form
- After form is filled out, you will receive a follow up email about picking up program matierials
- When you arrive at the library, ask to sign up for 1,000 books
Beanstack (virtual option):
- Download the Beanstack app OR go to our Beanstack page
- Log in or create an account
- Register for the 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten challenge
*When you reach a prize benchmark, you’ll get a message saying to pickup your prize at the library.
How to collect prizes
The more you read, the more prizes your child will earn.
-Registration: Free book
-200 books: Item from mystery prize box
-500 books: Reading buddy (stuffed animal)
-700 books: Item from mystery prize box
-1,000 books: Free book, tote bag, and completion certificate
*To collect prizes, come in to the library with your log sheet/s.
Find Something More
E is for Early Literacy
The 5 most important things parents and caregivers can do to support their child’s early literacy learning.
Talk Talking with children helps them learn to express themselves with language.
Sing Singing, which often includes rhymes, helps children become aware of sounds in language. This will help them decode words when they learn to read.
Read Do you know the best way to help your children become successful readers? Read to and with them from birth!
Write Through writing, children realize that sounds are represented by letters and words and that text means something.
Play Children learn about the world through play. The knowledge they gain from playing helps children comprehend what they read.
The above information is from Every Child Ready to Read @ Your Library, 2nd Edition; ALSC/PLA, 2011. Print. More information can be found at www.everychildreadytoread.org.
Family Resource Center of St. Croix Valley
Find the Family Resource Center’s classes, programs, and info for kids and families:
- ECE FAST: A group connection program. In the class they partner with parents to increase their child’s social/emotional well-being and learning readiness.
- Play & Learn: Families with children prenatal-Kindergarten entry. Parent-child play, snack time, parent discussion, circle time with story and songs, and a child craft activity.
- Baby & Me: play & discussion for parents/caregivers with infants.
- Triple P: Prenatal-kindergarten entry. Workshops and discussions about various family topics such as balancing work and family.
- Parent Cafe: Families with children, prenatal-kindergarten entry. A safe space to share stories, experiences, worries, fears, wisdom, and challenges/victories of raising a family.
- Find more for parents & families!
Pierce Pepin Cooperative Services announces the launch of Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library in Pierce & Pepin counties!
Children 0-5 years old are eligible for this FREE program that provides a book every month to registered children.
Digital Media Award
Monday 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Tuesday 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Thursday 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Friday 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Prescott Public Library
800 Borner Street North
Prescott, WI 54021
Subscribe to our e-newsletter