Fridays at 10:30 a.m.
Storytimes will be held outdoors, under the tree. In case of bad weather, we’ll move into the library.
10/22: Moon & Stars
10/29: Halloween (wear your costume)
Starting October 1st
Take a stroll with your family and read a story along the way!
“A Fall Ball For All” by Jamie A. Swenson is waiting for you at Magee Park. | 671 Dexter Street South
“We Are The Water Protectors” by Carole Lindstrom is available at the scenic Freedom Park. | 200 Monroe Street
A collaboration between Prescott Public Library & the Great River Road Visting & Learning Center (Freedom Park)
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
Our early literacy program for children has been redesigned for 2021! We have new ways to sign up, new ways to log reading and new prizes!
This program is designed to encourage families to make reading aloud a habit. Reading aloud is the single most effective thing parents and caregivers can do to help their children get ready to read when they start school.
Who can participate? Children ranging from birth until they enter kindergarten. Children in the 4K program are eligible to participate.
*If you’re already signed up for 1,000 books, you can use the logging sheets you already have, or you can switch over to the new ones. To do so please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also participate virtually through Beanstack.
How to register
- Fill out the online registration form (click the “register here” button).
- After form is filled out, you will receive a follow up email about picking up program matierials.
- When you arrive at the library, ask to sign up for 1,000 books.
Beanstack: (Fully virtual option)
- Go to our Beanstack page.
- Log in or create an account if you don’t have one.
- Register for the 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten challenge.
How to collect prizes
The more you read, the more prizes your child will earn.
-Registration: Free book (free book list)
-200 books: Item from mystery prize box
-500 books: Reading buddy (stuffed animal)
-700 books: Item from mystery prize box
-1,000 books: Free book (free book list), tote bag, and completion certificate
*To collect prizes, come in to the library with your completed logs.
*If you’d like to do a curbside pickup, please choose your free book before your pickup and let us know your choice. View the list of free books here.
E is for Early Literacy
The 5 most important things parents and caregivers can do to support their child’s early literacy learning.
Talk Talking with children helps them learn to express themselves with language.
Sing Singing, which often includes rhymes, helps children become aware of sounds in language. This will help them decode words when they learn to read.
Read Do you know the best way to help your children become successful readers? Read to and with them from birth!
Write Through writing, children realize that sounds are represented by letters and words and that text means something.
Play Children learn about the world through play. The knowledge they gain from playing helps children comprehend what they read.
The above information is from Every Child Ready to Read @ Your Library, 2nd Edition; ALSC/PLA, 2011. Print. More information can be found at www.everychildreadytoread.org.
Family Resource Center of St. Croix Valley
Find the Family Resource Center’s classes, programs, and info for kids and families this fall:
- Play & Learn: Families with children prenatal-Kindergarten entry. Parent-child play, snack time, parent discussion, circle time with story and songs, and a child craft activity.
- Baby and me: play & discussion for parents/caregivers with infants.
- Triple P: Prenatal-kindergarten entry. Workshops and discussions about various family topics such as balancing work and family.
- Parent Cafe: Families with children, prenatal-kindergarten entry. A safe space to share stories, experiences, worries, fears, wisdom, and challenges/victories of raising a family.
More For Kids
Pierce Pepin Cooperative Services announces the launch of Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library in Pierce & Pepin counties!
Children 0-5 years old are eligible for this FREE program that provides a book every month to registered children.
Digital Media Award
Monday 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Tuesday 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Thursday 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Friday 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Prescott Public Library
800 Borner Street North
Prescott, WI 54021
Subscribe to our e-newsletter